This article is available in one more language: Russian
I’d like to share with you one new program to fill-up our “Antivirus” list. This one has some advantages, which make it the most of use.
Namely, here is the short list of benefits which you receive for free:
- Freeware, of course
- Simple installation and usage
- Multilingual support
- Regular updates with latest virus signatures
- Comfortable and almost “invisible” for user – it notifies for your attention only when it is really needed.
But, it also has got some disadvantages:
- It can be installed and operate only on the machine with genuine Windows OS installation (that is a very important note – install it only if you do operate an activated cope of Windows). Have to say, that if you use notebook, in most cases you do have a legal Windows copy, just because it is supplied to you and preinstalled by Vendor. In case if you are not sure about your operating system – check it please prior to installing MS Security Essentials.
Just as a proof of “Simple installation and usage” – that is all the guidance.
Here are some of my advices about safe internet surfing:
- You really should use Antivirus software.
- Do not download and install any soft if you are not sure about source and developers.
- If you need to install some software – try to use only vendor’s web resources. I.e. – if software’s name is Security Essentials, it is almost for sure that download link will contain program’s or developer’s name (in our case it is http://windows.microsoft.com/ru-RU/windows/products/security-essentials).
- Do not share your credentials
- Do not open attachments received from an unknown or unexpected person (or at least check them – the most suspicious are executable files like .exe).
- Do not trust anyone in Internet (except me, of course :)) – you can easily become a fraud victim.